Sunday, June 3, 2007

Info About Wrinkle Cream Ingredients

To date, I am very gun shy about buying certain anti-wrinkle cream products -- I mean, it just seems as if there is a veritable wasteland of bad or ineffective wrinkle creams out there, and I want to be a bit more prepared in regards to what I am willing to buy.

Since I am a pharmacist by trade, I decided to try a different tact and explore viable products based on their ingredients.

One of the first ingredients up to bat is copper peptide, which can be found in many wrinkle creams.

This molecule, which is also called a complex peptide, contains copper. The peptide can encourage the body's own healing mechanisms as well as help wounds heal. It may aid tissue regeneration and in some cases, copper peptides, by themselves, can stimulate collagen production in the skin.

In my mind, the jury is still out on Copper Peptides. I know, for instance, that CP's have routinely been used to heal the skin after cosmetic procedures and often times, to counteract irritations caused by Retin-A.

However, since a wrinkle is little more than a fold in the skin and is not a wound, copper peptides may or may not be effective as a wrinkle treatment.

I'll have to see what I think in regards to copper peptides as I continue my research and will be sure to post my findings here in the weeks to come.